Military Zone Tax Credits
Sites & Buildings
Proximity To Ports
Workforce & Training
Site Selection Assistance
Retention & Expansion
Foreign Direct Investment
COME GROW GLOBALLY
When the goal is global growth, the solution is Liberty County, the coastal standout of the Greater Savannah region. Industries worldwide choose Liberty for the location, logistics and labor for productivity and rapid global reach. Foreign direct investment accounts for 70% of industrial employment, while our export/ import roster is 70 countries and growing.
ON TARGET WORKFORCE
Size, strength and preparation: Liberty County’s workforce makes the grade in a global market.
Civilian work force
age 16 and up:
- 405,017 within 60-minute commute
- 288,906 within 45-minute commute
- 226,365 in 30-minute commute
- 25,617 in Liberty County
Port of Savannah
- 32 miles via I-95
- Post-Panamax port
- Single largest, fastest growing container terminal in U.S.
Port of Brunswick
- 54 miles via I-95
- Second busiest U.S. RoRo/ auto port
JAXPORT in Jacksonville
- 107 miles via I-95.
Port of Charleston
- 133 miles away via I-95 and U.S. 17.
Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport
- 30 minutes via I-95
- served by nine major carriers
- Home to world HQ of Gulfstream Aerospace.
MidCoast Regional Airport at Wright Army Field
- 15 minutes via US 84
- Joint-use airport at Fort Stewart
- General and corporate aviation
- Two runways, 6,500-ft. and 5,000-ft
- Civilian FBO terminal with state-of-the-art amenities
- Immediate Tradeport East access to I-95 and U.S. 84
- Immediate Tradeport West acccess to U.S. 17
- 23 miles to I-16 connection to I-75
- 100 miles to I-10
- Riceboro Southern shortline runs through Tradeport West
- Class I CSX connects shortline to Savannah
- 30 miles by rail to Georgia Port Authority Mega Mason Rail intermodal terminal
News & media
The Peak Capacity Project, foreground, is currently under construction and will provide 800,000 twenty-foot equivalent container units of annual capacity at the Port of Savannah. The...
LCDA has worked with local schools for years. Karissa Young, CEO of Liberty College and Career Academy, speaks at a workforce development planning meeting organized by the authority in the...